FORGING TECHNOLOGY & FLOWFORMING
SPEEDLINE TRUCK wheels thus have a considerable advantage when it comes to fuel consumption, handling and the life cycle of the wheels compared to wheels produced using conventional manufacturing processes.
An aluminum round bar made from a special forge alloy is heated and reformed using a series of consecutive pressing steps and forces (up to 12 000 tons of press capacity in the vicinity of the wheel disk) to manufacture SPEEDLINE TRUCK forged wheels.
A further step incorporating the process of flowforming results in a significantly thinner wheel base with an up to 50% reduction in volume over conventional manufacturing processes.
Thanks to the subsequent highly precise CNC machining, the forged wheels are extremely uniform and boast higher concentricity than steel wheels. Due to the homogeneous material, the surface of the wheels following the mechanical processing is much smoother and requires no finish.
Due to the extent to which the material is compressed during the forging process, forged wheels are much stronger and last much longer than steel and aluminum cast wheels. In addition it enables a considerable weight reduction compared to other types of wheels.
BRILLIANT DESIGN – BECAUSE APPEARANCES MATTER
Increasingly, drivers of trucks, buses and campers are interested in more than just stability and the lightest wheel weight possible. Aesthetics are also important because they contribute greatly to a more sophisticated overall appearance.
The characteristic SPEEDLINE TRUCK design features newly developed ventilation holes as well as two particularly high-quality surface qualities in the diamond and mirror versions, which provide maximum shine and mirror effect.
WE ARE ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT WHEELS…
… and innovative technologies, and continuously strive to find even better solutions for wheels with maximum load capacity and minimum weight. What sets us apart is the huge personal commitment of each individual.
- Special corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy, T6061
- Up to 45% lighter per wheel compared to conventional steel wheels
- Significant reduction in consumption thanks to lower unsprung masses
- Considerable extension in service life of tires and braking components as a result of the aluminum’s significantly better heat dissipation compared to steel
- The forging process enables the grain structure to be adapted to the shape of the wheel, achieving incomparable strength
High-quality, brilliant diamond finish
- All models are TÜV-approved, have the German ABE (general operating license) for the replacement market and in some cases are also approved for truck OEMs
- The load capacities meet or exceed the maximum industry requirements
- All 22.5×11.75″ wheels have a particularly high load capacity of 5 000 kg, the SLT 3099 wheel in ET 0 is by far the lightest wheel in its category at just 22.3 kg
SPEEDLINE TRUCK is the only supplier of design wheels with particularly stylized hand holes – for OEM trucks as well
- The wheels come standard with original SPEEDLINE TRUCK valves. The special corrosion protection and particularly low torque installation (3 – 5 Nm) reduce the load on the valve seat
- All SPEEDLINE TRUCK forged wheels feature a 5-year warranty from the date of manufacture with no mileage limit